HSS offers Chemotherapy in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
Your individual treatment is administered at home by a qualified and experienced Oncology Nurse which enables you to receive your treatment, care and education where you are most comfortable.
- Receive the treatment, care and education you and your family need in the comfort of your own home
- Have access to a HSS Registered Nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Relief from travelling to and from treatment sessions
- Reduced anxiety you may experience about your Chemotherapy
- Less interruptions to your daily lifestyle so you can continue to do the things you enjoy
- This program is fully supported and monitored by your own Oncologist/Haematologist
- This program offers you a choice as to where you receive your treatment. To decide what approach might be best for you, we encourage you to speak with your Doctor.
Our Care Team
Our Specialist Nurses will work in partnership with your current Oncologist to ensure you are clinically and emotionally receiving the most appropriate care.
Your Nurse will come to your home and remain with you for the duration of your infusion.
Your Nurse will also contact you following your Chemotherapy treatment to make sure your recovery is progressing well.
Holistic and Ongoing Care
Home Support Services’ holistic approach to care means you have access to a wide range of health professionals and in-home services.
Our Dietitians can provide support and advice regarding your nutritional intake, and our Physiotherapists can tailor a personalised conditioning program to help regain or maintain your strength and balance.
We also have Occupational Therapists who can set up your home and provide equipment for safe living, as well as Personal Carers and Domestics who can provide support to help you with your daily routine.
Your Funding Guide
HSS has agreements with a number of Private Health Insurers across Australia. Depending on your level of cover and specific care requirements, you may be eligible to receive a rebate or have your care fully funded by your private health fund.
If you choose to privately fund HSS’ services, our skilled and experienced Case Managers will be more than happy to speak with you about your specific care needs and tailor a package of care to suit.
Is Chemotherapy At Home suitable for you?
Call and speak with our Chemotherapy At Home team on 1800 854 300. We can discuss your situation and also liaise with your Doctor/Specialists to determine if treatment at home is an option for you.