June, 67 years old, is a full time carer for her husband who suffers from a brain injury.
June first came to HSS following back surgery; she was in a lot of pain and was feeling less confident about her health. June was significantly overweight, suffering from un-medicated diabetes, gluten intolerance and was even considering gastric surgery.
Throughout the health coaching program, June achieved outstanding results and has commenced on a revolution of change. She has lost 8kgs so far and is working towards losing another 7kgs. The education she received from her health coach about diet and exercise has made her realise she doesn’t need the surgery she was considering and her increase in exercise has helped resolve all the pain she was experiencing from her surgery.
June not only feels more confident in herself but she is also enjoying the added benefits of feeling healthier every day.
“The support I have received has meant so much to me and made it possible for me to make the necessary changes required to get back in control of my health! I can’t thank the team enough for all their help.”
Wellbeing for Life Health Coaching
Small lifestyle adjustments can make big changes to your overall health and wellbeing. Your health coach guides you through this process, step by step, helping you develop the knowledge and skills you need to achieve your health goals. This program does not replace your GP or treating specialist but supports you between visits and is fully covered by many health funds, which means no out of pocket expenses to you.
How does health coaching work?
Your health coach will phone you to gain an understanding of your health condition. Telephone health coaching sessions will continue over a 6 month period at a time suitable to you. You will receive an information work book to help guide you through each step. If beneficial, your health coach can arrange in home visits.
Who will be delivering your health coaching?
This program is delivered by experienced Registered Nurses, Dietitians and Allied Health professionals from Home Support Services (HSS), an accredited health care organisation with over 25 years’ experience in supporting people to better manage their health.
Who is health coaching suited for?
You can benefit if you:
- Have health conditions such as : Diabetes, Coronary Heart Disease, Asthma, Arthritis, Hypertension, Osteoporosis and more
- Have recently been in hospital, rehabilitation or received medical intervention for one of these conditions
- Would like to increase your understanding of how you can manage changes to your health
- Need motivation and support to make the small lifestyle changes that will improve your overall health and wellbeing
- Want to understand more about your cholesterol, blood results, BMI or recommended exercise levels
- Would like to learn more about maintaining a healthy eating plan from our Dietitians
Wish to maintain a healthy weight and activity level
How do I get involved?
Call HSS on 1800 609 209 and talk to one of our health coaches to determine your needs and eligibility.
* Names have been changed and stock photography used for privacy purposes