HSS provides a safe, efficient, and professional Chemotherapy in the Home program. This program meets a patient’s physical and psychosocial needs whilst also operating according to evidence-based best practice care based on EviQ guidelines, Australian Council on Healthcare & Australian Commission of
Safety & Quality in Health Care standards.
The Chemotherapy in the Home Program is underpinned
by HSS’ Clinical Governance Committee and its team of experienced Oncology and Haematology Nurses and health care professionals.
• The Oncologist/Haematologist maintains medical governance at all times
• HSS policies and procedures and clinical escalation protocols meet current cancer and chemotherapy standards and are reviewed and ratified by HSS’ Clinical Governance Committee on regular basis
• HSS employs only qualified, oncology-trained nursing staff who are experienced in cancer care support and chemotherapy administration
• Clinical staff maintain up-to-date knowledge related to all aspects of cancer care and chemotherapy administration
• Only specialised and experienced pharmacy services are contracted to prepare and deliver the appropriate cytotoxic medication
• Work, Health and Safety principles standards in the management and administration of cytotoxic agents are followed at all times
• HSS understands that not all chemotherapy protocols can be administered in the home setting and not all patients are suitable for home chemotherapy administration