“After having such a painful knee surgery, all I wanted to do was go home and lie in my own bed. I had no idea that I was eligible for the HSS Rehab In The Home program. The transfer from the hospital back home was so easy and I was set up with all the equipment I needed. The Physio’s, Nurses and OT’s were friendly and helpful and without them there is no way I would have been able to recover so quickly.” – Client testimonial
HSS’ Rehabilitation in the Home (RITH) program provides you with a viable alternative to short term hospital rehabilitation. This program is available 7 days a week and services can commence immediately to support you with a seamless transfer from the hospital to your home.
Did you know that you have the option of receiving rehabilitation at home following a hospital stay?
The proven benefits associated with in-home rehabilitation include increased independence, greater family and community support and the ability to recover within the safety and privacy of your own home.
HSS can provide rehabilitation services for a wide range of conditions and procedures including:
- Cardiac conditions
- Respiratory conditions
- Orthopaedic operations
- Musculoskeletal including mobility problems and fall prevention strategies
- Joint replacements
- Restorative and reconditioning
Upon referral to the HSS RITH Program, our experienced Case Managers will coordinate your rehabilitation plan utilising a combination of services to maximise your independence and assist you with your recovery. you will receive a personalised approach, with an individualised, goal orientated care plan to guide you to returning to your previous level of function.
Your care plan may include Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Personal Carers who will all focus on their specialised area of your rehabilitation plan.
Additional supportive services for a broad range of domestic chores and home help (i.e. cleaning, shopping, laundry, meal preparation) can be provided by our team of friendly experienced carers. If you require personal care i.e. showering assistance, the Allied Health team will work closely with our carers to create a plan for your care.
How It Works
- You, your GP, hospital or Specialist can call HSS to discuss your needs
- HSS can liaise with your GP or health fund on your behalf if required
- An experienced Case Manager will answer your questions and coordinate your plan
- Your Case Manager remains in regular contact to monitor your ongoing care
HSS Occupational Therapists
- Assessment of the home environment to reduce risk of falling
- Advice & provision of equipment and home modifications i.e. rails
- Assessment of movement and ability to carry out daily tasks
- Education on ways to conserve energy and carry out tasks with less effort
- Education regarding manual handling i.e. how to help the person you care for out of bed, or out of a chair
- Coordination of ongoing community supports i.e. day therapy, household and personal assistance
- Rehabilitation following a stroke, orthopaedic surgery (i.e. hip or knee replacement) or a cardiac event (i.e. heart attack)
- Exercise programs
- Graduated exercise and stretching programs
- Mobility assessment and retraining
- Education on how your muscles work and the advantages of core stability
- Assessment and rehabilitation of cardio-respiratory (i.e. heart attack), neurological (i.e. stroke) and musculoskeletal conditions (i.e. sore joints)
- Assistance in understanding chronic or acute pain, the causes and effects of pain and the benefits of general exercise
- Education to support childhood development i.e. gross and fine motor skills
- Education and assistance with positioning of patients with problems due to disability or stroke
- Women’s Health i.e. pelvic floor problems after having a baby or due to age related changes, or continence issues.
Arrange Our Services
At HSS we pride ourselves on providing a premium level of care to our clients. Our complete care management service is one of a kind.
You or your family member can contact HSS to enquire or arrange HSS care via one of the contact methods listed below. We will then liaise with the doctor on your behalf if required.
Alternatively, your GP, hospital or specialist can arrange your care with HSS. You may be eligible to receive a rebate from your Private Health Fund. Enquire with HSS who can confirm your health fund eligibility.
Phone – 1800 854 300
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org