What is a Home Care Package?
A Home Care Package provides you with an allocation of funds enabling you to choose the type of care and support you need to remain independent and healthy at home. With a Home Care Package, you are also able to choose which care provider you would like to coordinate and deliver the care into your home. From help around the house to assistance with transport to appointments, physiotherapy, and home nursing, a Home Care Package provides you with the flexibility and control over how your funds are spent
Our Registered Nurse Case Coordinators will give you the ultimate peace of mind.
Choosing a care provider that you can trust and who is willing to work with you to ensure you get a care plan that is tailored to your individual needs is essential to your physical and emotional wellbeing.
The team behind your care is also vitally important. At HSS, we pride ourselves on building partnerships with our clients based on clear communication and mutual respect. If you have any concerns about your care plan, including if you wish to change the type of care that you receive, your Registered Nurse case coordinator will be there to assist. And because our care programs are overseen by Registered Nurses if anything seems amiss with your health, a qualified nurse is on hand to evaluate and manage the situation, ensuring you are getting the most appropriate care at all times. For the ultimate peace of mind, if you have any questions or concerns, you will be able to contact a Registered Nurse every day of the week, anytime of the day or night.
Commonwealth Home Support Services (CHSP)
The Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) is designed to help you with entry level aged care services, to help you enjoy your independence and support you to stay in your own home.
How can Home Support Services help me?
Home Support Services are proud to provide Nursing Services under the CHSP in metropolitan South Australia. This can include;
- Medication Management
- Wound Care
- Catheter Care
- Health education
Why Choose Home Support Services?
Your HSS Nursing services are tailored to suit your individual, pre-assessed care needs. Our team listens to your wishes and preferences and our skilled team can provide you with the information, advice and support to develop a service plan that’s right for you.
How can I access CHSP services?
Step 1: Contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 to arrange an in home assessment with the Regional Assessment Team (RAS)
Step 2: After you have had your face to face assessment, the RAS assessor will provide you with some referral codes for the services you are eligible for.
Step 3: If you have received a referral code for nursing, you are eligible to access CHSP nursing with Home Support Services
Step 4: Call Home Support Services on 1800 854 300 so we can support you with putting your CHSP nursing services in place. Our team will listen to your needs and goals, explain our fees and develop your support plan.
Please contact our friendly team on 1800 854 300 should you need any support, at any stage.
The cost of our CHSP nursing programme can vary based on your requirements and eligibility. You can speak with one of our friendly staff about your budget and services information based on your situation.
Home Support Services charges a co-payment fee of $8 per visit day, with fees capped at $35 per week.
Why Choose HSS?
For over 30 years HSS has been helping people to stay in their home by providing the right care and support at the right time, even if your needs change. We understand that many people prefer to stay in familiar surroundings with their own belongings and to remain a part of their community even if they require assistance to achieve this goal.
By considering Home Support Services as your Home Care Package partner, you are choosing an organisation that delivers care of the highest quality at competitive rates. You are also choosing peace of mind as you will have access to a registered nurse helpline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week plus your own Registered Nurse Case Coordinator who can provide as much help as you need to coordinate your personalised package of care services.
As a part of our service, we will openly explain the costs involved in receiving our services and provide you with a monthly and statement of services received.
HSS highly trained staff can provide a wide range of care and support; anything from assistance with shopping and meal preparation or personal care to helping you manage your medications, nutrition advice and regular podiatry appointments. Together, you and your case coordinator will design a package of care that’s customised just for you and your needs.
Here are just some of the standard services we provide:
- Assistance with showering, dressing and grooming
- Assistance with meal preparation
- Social support – someone to talk to or someone to share activities with
- Transport to and from appointments and outings
In Home Help
- Complete domestic duties including washing, ironing, vacuuming
- Home maintenance and gardening
- Home safety modifications
In Home Registered Nursing
- Wound care
- Continence support
- Medication management
- General health and wellbeing management
In Home Allied Health
- Occupational Therapy – Home safety assessment to set up your home for safe living
- Organising equipment and aides to ensure your safety
- Physiotherapy for a personalised exercise program
- Speech Therapy
- Social work
Switching to HSS
At the heart of the Home Care Package Program is choice and control. This means that if you are not happy with your current aged care service provider, you can switch to HSS or another provider of your choice.
Making the switch to HSS is easy but there are a few important steps that you or one of your family members will need to take to ensure a smooth transition.
- Get in touch with your existing provider or read the agreement you have with that provider to check on any set notice period before your funds can be released and moved across to HSS and if there are any exit fees associated with making a move.
- Get in touch with HSS to help them understand the level of funding you have been allocated under your Home Care Package and the services you are currently receiving.
- Get in touch with My Aged Care for your referral code. My Aged Care issues a referral code for everyone who receives a Home Care Package and this code needs to be transferred to HSS as your new service provider. You can visit the My Aged Care website (hyperlink) or call them on 1800 200 422. They will make sure you are happy for them to share your information with us and provide you with your referral code.
- Get in touch with your existing provider to let them know that you would like to stop receiving their services. You can do this in writing if you’d prefer. You and the service provider will agree on an end date that will be based on the set notice period.
- Get in touch with HSS to let us know your referral code and the date that your existing care plan will end. One of our Registered Nurse case coordinators will contact you to talk about your goals, care needs and funding allocation, and start planning your new care plan. And don’t worry, HSS will start delivering services to you as soon as you have stopped receiving care from your previous provider so that the switch to HSS is seamless.
Arrange Our Services
Please ring our Aged Care Team on 1800 854 300 for guidance on the process of accessing a package or to discuss what goals you have in mind to enhance your physical and emotional wellbeing and maintain your independence.
If you would prefer, a member of your family, your GP, or the Aged Care Assessment Team can also make contact with us to get the process started.
We understand that deciding to apply for a Home Care Package or choosing a service provider for a home care package can be a big decision. Our friendly staff are more than happy to talk to you initially on the phone and to guide you through the steps involved, but if you prefer, they can also come out to your home to provide more information and explain how we work.
Please complete the form below, including your contact details, if you would like a member of HSS’ Aged Care Team to contact you.[contact-form-7 id=”70″ title=”Contact Form”]
Fees and Charges
HSS will work with you to develop a care plan that’s just right for you so that you can remain living independently at home.
If you have any questions about our Fees and Charges or would like any further information about how HSS can best support you, please speak to a member of our Aged Care team on 1800 854 300
Click here to view our Home Care Package Fees and Charges.
Package Levels and Eligibility
There are four levels of Home Care Package:
Supporting people with basic care needs.
Supporting people with low level care needs.
Supporting people with intermediate care needs.
Supporting people with high care needs.
To be eligible for a Home Care Package, each person requires an ACAT assessment for Home Care Packages. Contact HSS for more information or for assistance with ACAT assessment and Home Care Packages.